Oh the joys of summer in Florida! Living in Florida, we know how many people love coming here for destination vacations! Whether you’re enjoying time at the beach, maybe an amusement park, or the warm weather and sunshine, summer brings about a lot of fun activities for you and your family! Although summer has a lot of fun to offer, Florida residents know that with hot summers come constant afternoon rain and hurricane watches. We have officially entered Hurricane season, folks, and it’s expected to be busier than usual! Between June 1st and November 1st, be prepared for hurricane threats! As with anything else, the best way to deal with hurricanes is through preparation.
Here are a few tips to prepare for a hurricane!
1. If you live by the coast, know the best evacuation route!
2. Make sure your home is up to code for withstanding severe storms. It is also be helpful to have storm shutters to protect your windows.
3. Make sure you have plenty of water, non-perishable food, batteries, and flashlights. If the power goes out you want to make sure you still have plenty of food and water. It may be a few days before the power returns, so it is important to be prepared for the worst.
4. Make sure you have plenty of fuel in your car, in case there is an emergency evacuation.
5. Secure outside objects. With such heavy winds, objects outside may be tossed around! Be sure to bring inside or secure the objects of importance to you.
6. Stay away from windows! The hurricane winds can be so strong sometimes that they break windows! As to prevent harm to yourself, avoid any windows.
7. Make sure to stay attentive to your local weather station. Before the storm, there are constant updates and warnings being issued. To stay properly informed, make sure you keep a TV or radio on if possible.
8. Have a first aid kit nearby. If something happens to someone in a storm, having a first aid kit could be very helpful if professional help cannot be of assistance for a while.
9. Remain indoors. Although it can be deceiving when the eye of the storm rolls over you, the storm will resume relatively quickly, so it’s important to remain in a safe location.
10. Before the storm warning is even issued, make sure you’ve called one of our agents to confirm that your insurance policies are in line for storm protection! Or, if you’re a new customer wanting to get a quote for storm preparation, give one of our agents a call today. We can help with your homeowners, renters, commercial or auto insurance policies!
Here at Ample, we want to help protect you from the stormy months ahead. Our agents are eager to help you get prepared for hurricane season! Feel free to give us a call at 321-222-1488! Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you want to contact us after hours, do not hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com.